Elementary School students' understanding of the word "Smurf" as encountered in "Smurf dan Raksasa Glouton"

Tjahjono, Felicia (2004) Elementary School students' understanding of the word "Smurf" as encountered in "Smurf dan Raksasa Glouton". Undergraduate thesis, Widya Mandala Catholic University Surabaya.

[img]
Preview
Text (ABSTRAK)
Abstrak.pdf

Download (356kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (BAB 1)
Bab 1.pdf

Download (366kB) | Preview
[img] Text (BAB 2)
Bab 2.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (719kB)
[img] Text (BAB 3)
Bab 3.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (221kB)
[img] Text (BAB 4)
Bab 4.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (1MB)
[img]
Preview
Text (BAB 5)
Bab 5.pdf

Download (228kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (LAMPIRAN)
Lampiran.pdf

Download (2MB) | Preview

Abstract

This thesis presents the answers to the following research question: How far do the elementary school students understand the word “Smurf” as encountered in “Smurf dan Raksasa Glouton”? Using a set of 13 comprehension questions, the study under report intended to describe to what extent the fifth grade students of elementary school of Santa Clara Elementary School understand and appropriately interpret the meaning of the word “Smurf” used in various contexts. Analyzing the students’ answer to the 13 questions and their scores, the writer found that (1) from 40 students, 10 students (25%) have a good understanding of the text, 12 students (30%) have a satisfactory understanding of the text and 18 students have a poor understanding of the text; hence, 55% of the students can understand and interpret the word “Smurf” as encountered in “Smurf dan Raksasa Glouton” correctly, and the rest of the students (45%) do not understand and interpret it correctly, (2) test items number 1,7,12,6 and 5 are the easiest because most of the students could give contextually appropriate and acceptable answers, whereas items number 8 and 2 are the most difficult ones because most of the students gave contextually inappropriate answers.

Item Type: Thesis (Undergraduate)
Department: ["eprint_fieldopt_department_Faculty of Teacher Training and Education" not defined]
Uncontrolled Keywords: Discourse, coherence, cohesion, local interpretation, Smurf
Subjects: English Education
Divisions: Faculty of Teacher Training and Education > English Education Study Program
Depositing User: EK Lengkonosari PN
Date Deposited: 07 Oct 2015 04:14
Last Modified: 07 Oct 2015 04:14
URI: http://repository.wima.ac.id/id/eprint/3460

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item