Students’ perception of the existence of “The english department reading and writing laboratory”, of The Teacher Training and Education Faculty of Widya Mandala Surabaya Catholic University

Kristantiana, Vivi Marta (2009) Students’ perception of the existence of “The english department reading and writing laboratory”, of The Teacher Training and Education Faculty of Widya Mandala Surabaya Catholic University. Undergraduate thesis, Widya Mandala Catholic University Surabaya.

[img]
Preview
Text (ABSTRAK)
abstrak.pdf

Download (540kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (BAB 1)
bab 1.pdf

Download (132kB) | Preview
[img] Text (BAB 2)
bab 2.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (189kB)
[img] Text (BAB 3)
bab 3.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (160kB)
[img] Text (BAB 4)
bab 4.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (638kB)
[img]
Preview
Text (BAB 5)
bab 5.pdf

Download (151kB) | Preview
[img] Text (LAMPIRAN)
lampiran.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (2MB)

Abstract

The study under report was carried out to see whether the objectives of the ED-R2 Lab. stated in its establishment proposal has been fulfilled or not. So far, there hasn’t been any survey about it. As Such the questions to be answered are divided into one major and five minor questions. The major question is about the students’ perception of the existence of the ED-R2 Lab. The minor ones are about the students’ perception of the functions, materials, programs, facilities, and staff of the ED-R2 Lab. To answer these questions, the writer sent 288 questionnaires to be answered using Likert Scale in the respondents’ spare time. There were only 150 questionnaires distributed successfully of which 107 were returned but 10 of them could not be analyzed because of the incompleteness of the answers. Some interviews to 10 respondents randomly had also been conducted to know what the students’ reasons were in giving their answers besides to crosscheck the questionnaires. Both of the percentage analysis of the questionnaires and interviews were counted using the percentage formula. The analysis of the responses brings out the following results: In general, 84.35% of the 97 respondents have a positive opinion about the existence of the ED-R2 Lab. of Widya Mandala Surabaya Catholic University and the rest, 15.65% of them have a negative opinion about it. In particular, (1) 97.94% of 97 respondents think that the ED-R2 Lab. has played its functions very well. On the other hand, 2.06% of them disagree that the ED-R2 Lab. could improve their reading and writing skills. (2) 87.07% of the respondents having read the materials at the ED-R2 Lab. think that those materials are helpful to improve the students’ reading and writing skills, interesting, and updated periodically. The rest, 12.93% of the respondents having read the materials at the ED-R2 Lab. think negatively about them. (3) 86.30% of the respondents having joined the programs of the ED-R2 Lab. claim that those programs are helpful to improve the students’ reading and writing skills, good, interesting, and also useful. The rest, 13.71% of the respondents having joined the programs of the ED-R2 Lab. claim negatively about it. (4) 72.26% of 97 respondents think that the facilities in the ED-R2 Lab. are working well, useful, and help them to improve their knowledge especially in English. The rest, 27.74% of them think negatively on the facilities of the ED- R2 Lab. especially for the number of the computers and the work of the internet service. (5) 96.65% of 97 respondents think that the staff of the ED-R2 Lab. are friendly, available regularly, helpful, and competent in giving personal assistances. 3.35% of them think negatively about it. Based on the findings, it is suggested that future researches which have the same or similar topics should be carried out with better instruments and a larger population or sample to obtain more conclusive findings.

Item Type: Thesis (Undergraduate)
Department: ["eprint_fieldopt_department_Faculty of Teacher Training and Education" not defined]
Uncontrolled Keywords: Perception, reading and writing center, EDR2 Laboratory
Subjects: English Education
Divisions: Faculty of Teacher Training and Education > English Education Study Program
Depositing User: Thomas Aryanatan Lena
Date Deposited: 14 Jul 2016 03:02
Last Modified: 14 Jul 2016 05:57
URI: http://repository.wima.ac.id/id/eprint/7164

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item